Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about Reiki.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy - ICRT
What Can I Expect From a Reiki Session?
- I will do an introductory consultation to find out what your needs are. I play relaxing music during your consultation and session to help facilitate relaxation.
- Next, I will have you relax on my Reiki table.
- After I know that you are comfortable, I will have you close your eyes. I may or may not run you through a short visualization to further facilitate relaxation. It will depend on your needs before the session starts. If you fall asleep during your session, that's alright. Relaxation is what needs to happen.
- I will start the procedure by first scanning your energy system.
- I continue on by using standard hand positions which I discuss with you before the session. If you are not comfortable with touching, that's alright. I do not have to touch you.
- With each hand position you may become more relaxed.
- I will continue to assess your energy to so that I might address the areas of concern that we had discussed before the session.
- I will check to see if there are any energy blockages that need to be released so that healing energy may flow more freely.
- You may or may not notice that as a practitioner, my hands may become extremely warm. Just know, that's normal.
- After your session is complete, I will tap you lightly on the shoulder to let you know when you are finished.
- I will give you time to adjust. If you feel like sharing your experiences you can absolutely do that. I love that!
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water after each Reiki session.
- Reiki opens the door to relaxation so that your body is able promote it's own healing abilities.
What Kind of Experiences Should I Expect?
Because every person is unique so is every Reiki session.
- Some do not have any feelings or sensations and that's ok. Reiki will go where it is needed.
- Some have felt a warm feeling in the areas that I touch.
- Some have had emotional releases that require tissues.
- Some have seen an array of colors.
- Some feel warm and cold sensations running through their body.
Is Reiki Harmful?
No, Reiki is a very gentle energy technique and can be used on everybody. Reiki energy only goes where it is needed for the client's highest good.
What Are The Benefits of Reiki?
- It can reduce stress
- It can reduce depression
- It can reduce the tension you feel in your body from stress
- It can reduce anxiety
- It can aid you in becoming more motivated
- It can allow you to open up to more positive thinking
- It compliments Western medicine quite nicely. It compliments any procedures that your physician is helping you with.
- It can help you relax before and after surgery.
- It can calm some emotional distress
- It can help you sleep better.
- Again, Reiki goes where it is needed and every session is different for everybody.
Can I Have a Reiki Session if I'm Pregnant?
Yes! It is very beneficial for the mom and the baby. Again, Reiki is a very gentle energy technique.